Here is the clearest, most complete reference on understanding the causes of power quality problems and learning how to prevent them. Nearly twice the size of the previous edition, Electric Power Systems Quality, 2e has been expanded and updated to reflect the increasing sensitivity of microelectronic devices and the ever-growing stress placed upon the power grid.
Written in a highly readable, easily accessible style – minus the heavy-duty math, this much-needed resource discusses every essential aspect of basic power quality and methods used to protect electronic systems. Coverage includes:
* How to protect against voltage sags and interruptions
* The principles of harmonics and filtering
* Common wiring and grounding problems, along with solutions
* Transient overvoltages due to lightning and switching
* The technical impact of problems on various load equipment
* Utility and end-user strategies for improved power qualities
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
* Maintaining power quality in distributed generation systems
* Benchmarking power quality
* Power quality in electric wiring
* And much more
Invaluable to everyone working in the field, from utility engineers to industrial plan technicians to power quality consultants, Electrical Power Systems Quality, 2e is the book you should own if you could have only one book on the subject.