The plain guide to the clear presentation of written language: punctuation is the `nuts and bolts’ of the English language, and here is the ideal everyday companion.
Punctuation has been described as `a courtesy designed to help readers understand a story without stumbling’. Included in this essential guide are:
- a Victorian schoolmistress’s 10 Golden Rules Rules of Punctuation
- how to deal with capitalisation, full stops and commas
- mastery of colons, parentheses, dashes, hyohen hassle, questions, exclamations and apostrophes
- the ultimate punctuation test
- witty cartoons by Hunt Emerson